It is done! Actually it has been for a few weeks, but the same day I finished it, the weather changed into freakishly warm 30 degrees celcius – and stayed there for some time (now it’s turned back to freakishly cold 12 degrees… I’d rather have the warm weather!) and I couldn’t be bothered to wear a jacket if only to photograph it.

But this week-end, when I was with Tini, we finally got some pictures of my new silver jacket.

{Finally wearing my silver Minoru!}

So the pattern is Sewaholic’s Minoru Jacket – which I got directly from the Sewaholic shop.  The fabric is a coated cotton/nylon fabric from Stof2000 (Danish chain fabric store) and the lining is a cotton poplin.

{Showing you the lining - and making a funny face}

I did a combination of sizes: I cut size 8 at the shoulders/bust, merged to a size 10 at the waist and merged down to a size 6 at the hips. The sewaholic patterns are designed for the pear-shaped body types (large hips), which I don’t have (I have a large waist in stead…). I decided on these sizes based on the finished measurements printed on the pattern envelope, compared to existing jackets in my wardrobe.

There was a ton of pattern pieces, and really, I thought, there was no need to have separate pieces for the lining pieces, as the lining and the garment piece were identical except for the markings for the pocket placement. But anyway. While I usually trace pattern pieces, I decided against it with this pattern, since there was so much to trace, and I kept on procrastinating doing it. So I ended up just cutting the pattern pieces.

I could have done with a bit more room at the upper sleeves – which I didn’t catch in the tissue fitting, so if I make it again (and I want to!) I’ll add more width to the sleeves. Other than that, I didn’t do any alterations to the pattern.

{The back with the waist casing with elastic}

I love the elastic at the back – that is really what makes this jacket look stunning. Very clever idea! I find the inner pockets to be a bit small (if you want to keep your Iphone in them, that is) – and I would probably do only one inside pocket in another version – and then add some patch pockets to the front.

All in all I love this jacket – I’m getting tons of compliments on it (and people try to order from me) – and it is definitely the most stylish raincoat I’ve ever worn. It looks like the rain will continue this week-end, and it makes having to work on a Saturday (the school is having an outdoor “summer” party thing) more fun! It’s silver. In a jacket. I love!

I also really like the lined hood – which I’ll probably have to wear up all day tomorrow – judging by the forecast

{Hood, lined with poplin as well}

Other notes: I thought the instructions were okay, and they are illustrated, but I also suggest making use of the photo tutorials from the Minoru Sew-along.

I waterproofed the seams with iron-on seam tape, and that was really easy and simple to do!

P.S. There is a new episode of The Twin Needle Podcast , in which I talk more about the construction of the jacket, up! Give it a listen!